Last revised January 2016
Personal Information We collect
We collect several kinds of information from you, depending on the part of the Site being visited. For example, We collect personal information from you when you register for a forum or newsletter, download products such as drivers, register products with Us, create a user name and password, provide feedback, send email enquiries or participate in another part of the Site.
The information that We collect is set out on the relevant pages of the Site and may include your name, email address, postal address, postcode, country of residence, job title, daytime and/or mobile phone number and information about your workplace and the nature of your business. If you use the Site to apply for jobs at AnyKey We will also collect information about your educational background and employment history and We will request your professional resume/CV.
In general, you can visit the Site without revealing any information about yourself. However, if you choose not to register on the Site you may not be able to use its features to their fullest extent. For example, you will not be able to participate in forum discussions on the Site.
Our use of your information
We may use the personal information We collect via the Site for any of the following purposes:
- providing, developing, improving and personalising Our services and the Site;
- registering you on the Site;
- providing you (subject to the Direct Marketing section below) with marketing communications;
- dealing with your inquiries and requests;
- generating anonymous reports about use of the Site and its features;
- allowing you to take part in promotions or surveys;
- keeping you up to date by sending you Our newsletters; and
- considering you for employment if you have provided personal information pursuant to an application for a job with AnyKey.
If you register on the Site We may use the personal information We collect to provide you with information about Our products, promotions, special offers and other information which relates to Our products and services. We may send you such information by:
- SMS text message and/or any other form of electronic message; and
- any other medium which becomes relevant from time to time.
You may opt to receive such information by selecting the relevant option when you register on the Site. If We send you an AnyKey electronic newsletter, information about Our products and services or you sign up to an AnyKey group or email list, each message We send will include instructions on how to "unsubscribe" from that communication.
Disclosure of Information
We will not disclose your personal information that We collect from the Site to any third parties without your consent except:
- to employees and independent contractors of AnyKey, analytic vendors, and other service providers and suppliers if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional, or technical support function for AnyKey or to perform a service that you have requested;
- to and between companies within the AnyKey group;
- where you give Us permission to disclose your personal information to third parties selected by Us for marketing purposes;
- if We are required to do so to comply with a legal requirement or request from a competent court, regulator or other authority;
- where We deem it necessary, in Our sole discretion, to protect Our legal rights or property or the legal rights or property of an individual who registers with the Site or any third party, or to prevent personal injury; and/or
- in connection with a sale, merger, assignment, joint venture or other transfer or disposition of a portion or all of Our assets or stock or Our affiliated entities (including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information about you that We pass to a third party will be held securely by that party and only be used for the purposes for which it was provided to them. Except as noted above, information We collect from Site visitors will not be shared with individuals or other companies unrelated to, or that do not perform a business, professional or technical function for AnyKey.
Security and Quality
AnyKey is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the personal information that you provide. We use a variety of advanced security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, We store the personal information you provide on secured computer servers that are located in controlled facilities. Additionally, when We transmit sensitive personal information over the Internet, We protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. Please help Us to keep your personal information secure by not using an obvious login name or password and ensuring you do not divulge your password to any other person.
The personal information that We collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), in particular the United States and Canada. It may also be processed by individuals operating outside the EEA who work for Us or for one of our suppliers. Such individuals may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of your personal information for the provision of Our services and/or products, marketing purposes (subject to the Direct Marketing section above) and for customer relationship management purposes. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Links to external websites
Access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information We hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Please address requests (with a return email where possible) to:
AnyKey Communication Preference Centre [email protected]
Or by Post to: AnyKey Web Services Team #202, 90 Freeport Blvd. NE Calgary, Alberta T3J 5J9 Canada
Changes, Oversight and Questions
Comments and questions regarding our policy should be directed to the Communication Preference Centre.